LifeWorks NW serves medically compromised adults in an outpatient rehabilitation setting.
The Case Manager, QMHA position provides mental health services and behavioral interventions for adults in this program.
This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Beaverton location.
Days/Hours: This is a new part-time position working 20 hours a week. Specific days/times are flexible. Specific days/times have not been set yet.
Pay/Benefits: $18.81 to $20.45 per hour. Pro-rated benefits
- Provides behavioral interventions, case management and skills training for clients according to treatment plan. Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Develops and presents group activities or therapies that are appropriate for treatment such as art groups, community outings, movement, reminiscence, etc.
- Coordinates services with other LifeWorks NW staff and with external organizations, such as government agencies, social services providers and healthcare providers.
- Provides limited crisis intervention to clients experiencing difficulties.
- Documents and maintains client records in electronic health records system within 24 hours of client care to ensure compliance with LifeWorks NW and contractual guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Counsels clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to maximize the quality of their lives.
- Collects information about clients through interviews and observation.
- Acts as client advocate.
- Collaborates with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Evaluates clients' physical and mental condition based on review of client information.
- Checks email/voicemail daily and responds within a reasonable timeframe as appropriate.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets performance standards for direct client care, documentation, quality (including engagement and evidence-based practices) and teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences field or at least three years' relevant work, education, training, or experience required.
- Must be registered through MHACBO upon hire.
- Prior experience working with older adults and leading behavioral groups preferred.
- Must be able to drive clients in a LifeWorks NW vehicle. Requires valid driver's license and verification of safe driving record from DMV and the ability to pass Ride Connection driving regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; and understand program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an ISSP (Individual Services and Supports Plan).
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software, including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Understanding of and ability to apply medical and mental health assessment, treatment, and service terms.
- Must be able to pass a DHS background check.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09