LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to over 30,000 youths, adults, and older adults in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan. Core values include Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. LifeWorks NW is committed to advancing our equity and inclusion work with an emphasis on ensuring an anti-racist organizational culture and practice. We strive to continuously improve the cultural competence and cultural humility of LifeWorks NW, its staff, and its services to clients and consumers in all aspects including race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic background and status, age, religion, veteran status, citizen status, and ability. LifeWorks NW creates and upholds a work environment that is respectful and inclusive for all. LifeWorks NW services are effective across cultural groups.
The Data Analyst/Scientist position is responsible for all aspects of data analytics including mining, generation, and visualization. By transforming data into readable, actionable reports for continued improvement and growth, this role will contribute to strategic decision making, operational improvement activities and organizational alignment.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Sylvan site (near the Oregon Zoo).
Pay/Benefits:$56,697 to $61,658 per year. Full benefits
- Work closely with management and internal teams to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Define and implement data collection and transformation logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools to ensure data integrity while optimizing scalability and performance of the solution
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible and scalable across data sets
- Present and explain information and data, communicating data interpretation and analysis, suggesting operational improvements. Communicating information in digestible and accessible way both orally and written including creating and maintaining rich interactive visualizations which integrate various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Interpret and analyze data to discover discrepancies or to identify trends and patterns in complex data sets
- Build models and analyzing data to unearth trends and patterns to address business opportunities to drive business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Uses appropriate software programs and tools, including statistical packages and programming languages to query, process, analyze, and present data and findings including required documentation
- Understand health care operations and systems
- Ability to handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Exhibits an excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability with the capability of working independently
- Acts professionally with a passion for assisting others and problem-solving
- Meets performance standards set by assigned project work/objectives and organizational policies and norms.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Bachelor's in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics required.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or similar required.
- Preferred experience in clinical/healthcare reporting and analysis
- Strong SQL proficiency with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages (Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong analytical skills including collection, mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization to disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Ability to work effectively on a team, and to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated. Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical capability; Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates punctuality, accountability, and patience
- Ability to perform under pressure, be flexible, and effectively manage workload.
- Strong business acumen
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving aptitude
- Demonstrates effective communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment
- Organizational agility with the ability to facilitating complex projects and project specific discussions with multiple stakeholders with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Must be able to pass a DHS background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09