The Office Support Specialist II, COVID-19 Screener is responsible for screening clients and visitors as well as front office duties in a fast-paced clinical front office setting.
As a COVID-19 Screener, this position screens clients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19 per agency protocol, bringing clients to rooms and setting up zoom meetings, sanitizing lobby and treatment rooms after use.
As time allows, this position is also responsible for answering inquiries, obtaining information and a variety of other front office duties. This position provides support to clinical staff working with mental health and addictions clients of all ages in person and on the phone. An Office Support Specialist II typically handles the more complex administrative functions at a site.
Days/Hours: This is an on-call position. This is a 24/7 location. Must be able to work weekends and possible weekdays within the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. Hours may vary.
Pay: $18.81 to $20.45 per hour.
- Screens clients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19 per agency protocol, bringing clients to rooms and setting up zoom meetings, sanitizing lobby and treatment rooms after use.
- Performs reception duties, answering phones (on multi-line phone system). Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Act as a resource to staff and clients.
- Responsible for insurance verifications, set client fees, balance payment agreements and administrative intakes.
- Update and maintain records in proprietary software.
- Manage office paperwork and flow.
- Serve as back-up for other administrative positions as needed.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules, runs basic reports as needed.
- Scanning, copying and faxing as needed.
- Receive payments and record receipts for services.
- Hear and process complaints from customers and public.
- Schedule appointments, and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and administrative meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Unload and sort courier items and/or office supplies as needed.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and teamwork as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- May travel between sites or in the community.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience/formal education preferably in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience working as a receptionist preferably in a mental health setting.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel, 10-key, telephone skills and electronic record systems. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling and billing. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm. Knowledge and previous experience with office equipment including photocopying, faxing and scanning etc.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment. May require fluency in another language and experience in a specific culture.
- May require ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Must be able to pass a DHS background check process.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. www.lifeworksnw.org
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09