The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner position will provide psychiatric evaluation and medication management for LifeWorks NW clients in an outpatient or residential setting. Clients may have chemical dependency, emotional or behavioral disturbance and/or other psychiatric diagnoses.
Hours: This is a part time position working up to 8 hours per week.
Rate of Pay: Pay is dependent on experience
- Provides psychiatric evaluation for clients including gathering and maintaining patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals. Analyzes and evaluates patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Reviews and evaluates treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
- Provides information and education about pharmacological factors in the treatment of and service of clients to other agency staff and the general public as needed.
- Provides ongoing medication management and monitoring including monitoring for side effects and therapeutic drug levels.
- Provides consultation with Primary Care Providers, LifeWorks NW therapists, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists and treatment team when indicated.
- Maintains chart notes in electronic health record system within 24 hours of patient care.
- Provides medical supervision of client treatment plans including review and signature.
- Advises and informs guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
- Check e-mail/voice mail throughout the day when working and responds as appropriate.
- Meets standards for documentation and work accuracy as defined in the Performance Evaluation including timely completion of progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, authorization requests.
- Meets standards as defined in the Performance Evaluation for direct service, implementation and utilization of the clinical model, quality of clinical practice and teamwork.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
- May be required to travels between sites.
- Teaches, takes continuing education classes, attends conferences and seminars to increase understanding of mental, emotional, and behavioral states and disorders.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attends informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Masters degree in Mental Health Nursing with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) license and prescriptive privileges.
- National Certification allowing Medicare billing.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09