The Registered Nurse (RN) will serve as a liaison between Mental Health Providers and Primary Care Providers by providing ongoing nursing assessments and coordination of care with other professionals for adults with severe and persistent mental illness who elect to participate in the project. The RN may also function as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Provision of care coordination is primarily based in a clinical setting but may include attending physician appointments with clients or meeting with clients in their homes or at community-based sites.
position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Milwaukie International Way site. Pay/Benefits:
$87,513 starting annual salary plus full comprehensive
. $5000 Hiring Bonus!
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
- Enrolls all screened individuals
- Identifies primary care physicians or assists clients in establishing a primary care provider
- Develops specific methods of communication to ensure medical information is shared across medical providers including prescriptions, diagnosis, and lab work
- Follows up with physicians to ensure communication is achieved within specified timeframes
- Continually coordinates care between the physical and mental health care providers until the client is fully established with a primary care provider
- Communicates and explains the procedures to prepare clients for examinations and treatments
- Provides regular RN assessments including metabolic screenings, blood pressure screenings, and body mass index screenings for enrolled participants receiving psychotropic medications.
- Provides long-acting psychotropic medications (LAIs) via IM injection to clients on an ongoing basis - this includes coordination with clients to schedule appointments, LMPs to request refills/updated orders, and with staff who arrange additional resources to facilitate clients receiving LAIs.
- Provides medication reconciliation for clients receiving oral medications and helps to prepare oral medications for clients who present with higher risk factors.
- Helps monitor general health symptoms, side effects, and differentiates physical illness from exacerbation of psychiatric symptoms - including participation in RN triage of medication concerns across the agency via phone and email system.
- Checks e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the workday and, when working, responds to non-urgent contacts within 24 business hours. Urgent contacts before noon require same day response. Urgent contacts after noon require next day before noon response.
- Assures that required labs are completed on an ongoing basis for all participants
- Provides illness education to individuals and families.
- Provides referrals to appropriate self-management support groups
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other agencies
- Provides back up and support to co-workers in providing assistance during medical or mental health emergencies
- Provides coverage at other agency sites as needed and determined by RN supervisor.
- Enters all required data into agency specific electronic health records system and program specific tracking systems, provides regular reports as requested, and continually maintains all data on clients enrolled in the program
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the workday and, when working, responds to contacts within 24 to 48 hours.
- Is available to clients during regular business hours
- Is available in the clinic to clients and staff during regular business hours unless Avatar schedule reflects appointments in the community.
- Participates in regular weekly rotation of No-Show Needing Prescription Clinic for clients across the agency via telehealth or in-person appointment to screen clients who have no-showed for their LMP appointments and require prescriptions before they can be rescheduled with their LMP.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor and outside agencies or organizations. Attends informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Participates in 24/7 crisis phone rotation. Team members will be on call for 7-day shifts in case of client emergencies, hospitalizations, and would serve as an afterhours emergency contact. The on-call clinician would receive an additional stipend when performing this required duty.
- Transports clients in a personal vehicle and commutes between sites or in the community.
- Bachelor's (4-year) degree in area of nursing acquiring Bachelors in nursing
- Registered Nurse license
- 2 or more years of experience working with clients with severe and persistent mental illness strongly preferred
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Access. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment
- Requires access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage, and verification of safe driving record from DMV.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09