LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to over 30,000 youths, adults, and older adults in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan. Core values include Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. LifeWorks NW is committed to advancing our equity and inclusion work with an emphasis on ensuring an anti-racist organizational culture and practice. We strive to continuously improve the cultural competence and cultural humility of LifeWorks NW, its staff, and its services to clients and consumers in all aspects including race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic background and status, age, religion, veteran status, citizen status, and ability. LifeWorks NW creates and upholds a work environment that is respectful and inclusive for all. LifeWorks NW services are effective across cultural groups.
The Technical Support Specialist position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to computer systems, hardware, and software. The Technical Support Specialist will be hands-on, interacting directly with the end user in meeting requests, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions and offering general internal helpdesk support across all locations to all levels throughout the organization during regular business hours and after hours as needed.
This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Sylvan site (SW Portland area/near Oregon Zoo). This position will need to go to various LifeWorks NW sites with the Portland metro area to perform hardware upgrades as well as on-site at Sylvan work.
Days/Hours: This is a temporary, 6-week position. Typical work week with some flexibility. If appropriate and approved, may work some evenings/weekends.
Pay: $25.96 to $28.23 per hour.
- Assists end users in resolving a wide variety of hardware and software issues, requests, complaints, and inquires by fielding telephone calls and email communication, diagnosing problems and performing troubleshooting activities.
- Monitor, manage, resolve or refer IT ticket queue, triage, resolve issues in a professional manner or escalate in a timely manner, bringing in other subject matter experts as required
- Builds, installs, tests, monitors, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems, networks and peripherals.
- Work with Network/System Administrators to ensure optimal operations of all systems
- Manages user account information, including rights, security and systems groups.
- Manage and/or perform backup, recovery, and other security measures as required
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to facilitate a timely resolution and build knowledge database using a central IT ticket management application
- Manage hardware assets and track via asset management applications.
- Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
- Participate in continual updates to the team's IT documentation and training system by recommending changes or updates in programming, documentation, and training to address system deficiencies and user needs
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to explain technical issues and concepts to a disparate range of technical and non-technical clients; effectively communicates both orally and written with customers, team members, and organization. May be required to train individuals or groups, as needed.
- Exhibits an excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability with the capability of working independently
- Acts professionally with a passion for assisting others and problem-solving
- Display cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency
- Associates degree or 1-2 years' experience in Technical/Computer/Help Desk support
- Prefer 1 years IT experience in an IT Help Desk
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to go out to various sites when needed.
- Desktop troubleshooting experience and skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Basic knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experienced in all facets of troubleshooting and repairing the standard set of peripherals in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and other Cloud service offerings.
- Familiar with supporting wireless communication devices such as Smartphones, Wireless hotspots, and cell phones.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, and to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated. Driven to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical capability; Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (both written and oral) and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment. Team Player.
- Demonstrates punctuality, accountability, and patience
- Ability to perform under pressure, be flexible, and effectively manage and prioritize a backlog of tickets
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09