This full-time position will work at LifeWorks NW's Integrated Behavioral Healthcare sites located throughout the Portland Metro.
The UA Technician position is responsible for observable UA's with female clients. Due to that essential responsibility, this particular position requires a female candidate. The UA (Urinalysis) Technician collects urine samples from clients at various LWNW sites throughout the Portland area including: Hillsboro, Beaverton, NE Portland (King site), SE Portland (Rockwood site) and Milwaukie International Way (two to three times per month at the Milwaukie site).
Days/Hours: This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. The position is 9:30 am to 5:00 pm or 10:00 am to 6:00 pm five days per week due to Covid-19 protocols/hours restrictions. After restrictions are lifted, this position will be four days per week/10 hours a day (40 hours per week).
Pay/Benefits: $15.00 to $16.13 per hour. Full benefits.
- Observe and collect direct urine samples in a professional and respectful manner at multiple LifeWorks NW locations based on random scheduling.
- Adhere strictly to procedures in handling collections, samples and information ensuring timely and accurate records of all aspects of UA labeling and forwarding.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Order and restock urinalysis supplies as needed.
- Assist with phone inquiries from clients and partner agencies in a professional manner maintaining client confidentiality.
- All services must be provided in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner.
- Completes tasks accurately within defined time frames with minimal supervision.
- Consistently helps cover for co-workers when needed and willingly accepts and follows through with other tasks as needed.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Travels between sites and in the community driving.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must be able to conduct observable UA's with female clients.
- Requires access to car and valid driver's license.
- Must have the ability to navigate complex electronic health record software to access client records, including but not limited to phone numbers, history of services, clinical progress notes, and medication logs.
- Must have the ability to keep accurate typed and hand-written records and respond timely to requests made via e-mail.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency skills preferred, but not required.
- We are a drug and alcohol free workplace. Must be able to pass a DHS background check.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09