LifeWorks NW partners with Virginia Garcia. Virginia Garcia is a Federally Qualified Health Center in Washington and Yamhill Counties that serves a large Medicaid population. They have a special focus on providing care to the migrant farm worker community. A large majority of their patients are monolingual Spanish speaking. Virginia Garcia serves the lifespan in their clinics, but this position would serve adults 18 years and older.
This position is eligible for applying for loan repayment through the National Health Service.
The licensed Behavioral Health Provider position is a member of the primary care medical team who assists the primary care provider (PCP) in managing the overall health of clients working in a primary care setting. Provides consultation to clients and works with PCP to improve recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions for clients.
This position is located out in beautiful Yamhill County at Virginia Garcia's McMinnville, OR clinic.
Hours: The hours are generally daytime hours. Virginia Garcia requests that all staff work one later shift past 5:00 pm each week (the clinic closes at 7:00 pm).
Pay/Benefits: $63,075 to $69,382 per year. Full benefits.
- Provides targeted evidence-based assessments and evaluations, which may include brief neuropsychological screens, diagnostic interviews and impressions and functional status focused on the presenting problem.
- Provides brief solution focused empirically based interventions to clients experiencing myriad bio-psychosocial problems.
- Provides timely and succinct feedback to PCP's regarding consultation findings and recommendations.
- Provides concise documentation in electronic healthcare system of care and recommendations in the patient's medical record within 24 hours of seeing client.
- Determines the appropriateness of the patient receiving services in primary care.
- Formulates evidence based behavioral health interventions appropriate to the primary care setting and assists with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provides brief follow-up, including relapse-prevention education.
- Develops, teaches and/or provides oversight for classes that promote education and skill building to enhance psychological and physical health.
- Provides consultation services (continuity consultation) for a sub-set of patients who require on-going monitoring and follow-up (e.g., "high-utilizers," chronic pain, unmanaged diabetes etc.).
- Shares knowledge with other team members and clients, both formally (in-services, consult responses) and informally (curbside consultations).
- Identifies patients who would benefit and are willing to receive specialty mental health care, and makes referral to onsite- specialty options or off-site to Lifeworks NW programs or other community resources.
- Works as part of multi-disciplinary team in making recommendations for clients who abuse, misuse or divert controlled substances.
- Assist in registry management for patients with higher mental health needs
- Coordinate services with the psychiatric provider
- May provide support to dental providers
- Provides training and consultation to clinic staff regarding prevention and management of disruptive behavior.
- May be responsible for case management. Coordinate/collaborate with physicians, staff, families, caregivers, etc. Maintain chart notes related to external contracts, obtaining pertinent records from other treatment and tracking client's involvement, follow-through and progress in varied treatment activities.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Oversees Behavioral Health Associate duties which include, services to clients and their families, e.g., institutional living, health, mental health services, employment services, etc.
- Maintain awareness of community referral resources.
- Checks e-mail/voice mail throughout the day responding as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate resources and support linkage, culturally appropriate advocacy and community collaboration and culturally appropriate client evaluation and treatment.
- Requires ability to work evenings.
- Requires some infrequent travel between clinics for various meetings
- Meets performance standards for productivity, documentation (including progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and authorization requests) proficiency in clinical model and evidence-based practices, quality of care (including engagement and retention) and teamwork.
- Licensed Psychologist or LCSW with training in behaviorism, solution focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational enhancement and minimum of 2 years of clinical work.
- Fluency in Spanish and experience within the Latino community preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services, and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and work relationships and conducting a mental status examination, complete a DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an Individual Services and Support Plan and provide individual, family, and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of treatment methods for individual, family and group therapy to address chemical dependency and/or mental health problems.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master electronic health record system.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms, acculturation and generational issues within a culture, sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and engagement.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09