The Bilingual Behavioral Health Clinician is a licensed or unlicensed, Master's level clinician working as a member of the primary care medical team who assists the primary care (PCP) and dental teams in managing the overall health of clients working in a primary care setting. Provides consultation to clients and works with PCP to improve recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions for clients.
LifeWorks NW partners with the Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center in Yamhill and Washington Counties that serves a large Medicaid population. They have a special focus on providing care to the migrant farm worker community. A large majority of their patients are monolingual Spanish speaking.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
Location: This position is located at the school-based health clinic at Beaverton High School.
Pay/Benefits: $1000 Hiring Bonus- $65,079 starting annual salary and full comprehensive benefits. $10,000 annual differential once licensure is obtained. Additional differential for bilingual Spanish proficiency.
Schedule: Generally daytime hours. All staff work one shift per week past 5:00pm (the clinic closes at 7:00pm)
This LifeWorks NW site qualifies for the Oregon Health Care Provider Incentive Loan Repayment Program and/or the Oregon Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program.
- Provides targeted evidence-based assessments and evaluations, which may include brief neuropsychological screens, diagnostic interviews and impressions and functional status focused on the presenting problem. This can include assessing and justifying a complete DSM mental health diagnosis.
- Provides brief solution focused empirically based interventions to clients experiencing a myriad of bio-psychosocial problems.
- Provides timely and succinct feedback to PCP's or dentists regarding consultation findings and recommendations.
- Available as needed for all medical and dental team members during work hours for consultation and crisis support
- Develops, teaches and/or provides oversight for classes that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological and physical health
- Determines the appropriateness of the patient receiving services in primary care.
- Formulates evidence based behavioral health interventions appropriate to the primary care setting and assists with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provides concise documentation in electronic healthcare system of care and recommendations in the patient's medical record within 24 hours of seeing the patient.
- Provides brief follow-up, including relapse-prevention education.
- Provides consultation services (continuity consultation) for a sub-set of patients who require on-going monitoring and follow-up (e.g., "high-utilizers", chronic pain, unmanaged diabetes etc.).
- Shares knowledge with other team members and clients, both formally (in-services, consult responses) and informally (curbside consultations).
- Identifies patients who would benefit and are willing to receive specialty mental health care and makes referral to onsite- specialty options or off-site to Lifeworks NW programs or other community resources.
- Will carry small caseload of mental health clients for on-going specialty mental health services.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team in making recommendations for clients who abuse, misuse, or divert controlled substances.
- Assist in registry management for patients with higher mental health needs
- Coordinate services with the psychiatric provider
- Provides training and consultation to clinic staff regarding prevention and management of disruptive behavior.
- May be responsible for case management. Coordinate/collaborate with physicians, staff, families, caregivers, etc. Maintain chart notes related to external contracts, obtaining pertinent records from other treatment and tracking client's involvement, follow-through and progress in varied treatment activities.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality.
- Provide crisis intervention
- Provide back-up for other staff when needed
- Oversees Behavioral Health Associate duties which include, services to clients and their families, e.g., institutional living, health, mental health services, employment services, etc.
- Maintain awareness of community referral resources
- Serve as back-up for other staff when needed
- Check messages within EHR throughout the day responding as appropriate
- Provides appropriate resources and support linkage, culturally appropriate advocacy and community collaboration and culturally appropriate client evaluation and treatment.
- May be required to act as project lead on programs assisting with metrics specific to population-based health
- May be required to work some evenings
- Participate in a culture of feedback at the agency by eliciting feedback to promote professional growth and assess work effectiveness.
- Meets performance standards for productivity, documentation (including progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and authorization requests) proficiency in clinical model and evidence-based practices, quality of care (including engagement and retention) and teamwork as defined in the Performance Review
- Participate in regular individual and team meeting with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Qualified licensed clinicians may be requested to provide licensure supervision as part of their regular position in compliance with the rules of their licensing board.
- Will provide a varied mix of mental health services and health and behavior interventions, depending on credentials and site.
- Licensed Psychologist or LCSW or LPC with training in behaviorism, solution focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational enhancement and minimum of 2 years clinical work post master's degree OR be board-registered and working towards licensure
- Fluency in Spanish required and experience within the Latinx community preferred.
- Possession of CADC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services, and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and work relationships and conducting a mental status examination, complete a DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an Individual Services and Support Plan and provide individual, family, and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of treatment methods for individual, family and group therapy to address chemical dependency and/or mental health problems.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain case management in accordance with federal, state and/or funding source requirements as well as LifeWorks NW' policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master electronic health record system (Epic).
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms, acculturation and generational issues within a culture, sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and engagement.
- Ability to work evenings until 7:00pm.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
- High volume of walking required. Clinicians may walk between 2-3miles/day within clinic
- Primarily clinic-based role with some work from home as healthcare system permits
- May require some infrequent travel to other clinics
- Requires Personal Protective Equipment based off healthcare system standards
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09