LifeWorks NW's Hawthorn Walk-In Center primarily provides mobile response and clinic-based crisis intervention with people who are experiencing mental health or substance use concerns.
The Clinical Supervisor position oversees clinical oversight and clinical and administrative supervisory aspects of the program. Provides clinical services as needed. Clinical services include providing clinic based and mobile / community based crisis intervention with people who are experiencing mental health or substance use concerns and conducting conducting mental health risk assessments and triage, coordinating crisis intervention, developing short-term person centered stabilization plans, assisting with resource linkage, and initiating involuntary transport to the emergency department (Director's Custody) when indicated for safety reasons.
Days/Hours: This is a full time position working Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Pay/Benefits: $27.94 to $30.32 per hour. Full benefits.
- Provides regular supervision. Maintains accurate documentation of individual and group supervisory meetings held at least two times per month.
- Provides assistance to direct reports with work issues including establishing clear expectations regarding performance and training.
- Provides support and attention to employee successes and addresses performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and performance concerns for program area.
- Coordinates hiring process including orientation and training for program.
- Monitors employee productivity, documentation and insurance authorizations.
- Performs day-to-day quality management tasks (e.g. chart audits, utilization management).
- Responds to emergency situations involving children and adults experiencing mental health crisis.
- Provides direct service including facilitation of group and individual sessions, client evaluations and case management.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality.
- Completes required program reports including those needed for supervisory responsibilities timely and accurately.
- Required to travel between sites or in the community and to transport clients in a LifeWorks NW vehicle.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Requires Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or other behavioral health related field.
- Requires a valid and active QMHP credential certification through MHACBO or a valid and active status (licensed or registered intern) with an approved Oregon licensing board upon hire.
- Must have completed two years of post-graduate clinical experience in a mental health treatment setting.
- Strong assessment, decision-making and interpersonal skills are absolute necessities for this position required.
- Current Oregon Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW( or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of LWNW policies.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred, but not required.
- Requires valid driver's license and ability to meet LWNW driving requirements.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09