LifeWorks NW's Residential Treatment Home programs serve adult male clients who are experiencing severe and persistent mental illness and behavioral problems This position provides coverage in a five-bed residential treatment setting for clients transitioning back into the community.
The Mental Health Associate position provides skills training, case management, and other services as outlined in a treatment plan.
Days/Hours: This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Pay/Benefits: $18.81 to $20.45 per hour. Full Benefits
- Provides skills training, case management, and other services as outlined on a treatment plan.
- Administers oral medications, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures
- Must be able to transport clients in a LifeWorks vehicle.
- Coordinates services with other staff and external organizations such as government agencies, social services providers, and healthcare providers.
- Assesses client's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of hospital records, and consultation with parents and/or hospital personnel.
- Observes and interviews clients and confers with other professionals to evaluate the clients' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work, client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness, and competency.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among clients, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Monitors clients in order to detect unusual behavior and reports observations to professional staff.
- Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Counsels clients individually and in groups on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, financial difficulties and overcoming dependencies, mental or physical illness, and to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems.
- Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Organizes, supervises, and encourages client participation in social, educational, and recreational activities.
- Provides, finds, or arranges for job and/or school training.
- Provides crisis intervention to clients experiencing difficulties.
- Prepares meals and snacks for and/or with residents.
- Checks e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the day when working responding to contacts within 48 hours for routine matter (urgent matters may require a more immediate response)
- May administer first aid only if certified, according to prescribed procedures
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related behavioral health field or a minimum of 3 full years of mental health related experience.
- Requires QMHA credentialing through Mental
Health & Addiction Certification Board of Oregon (MHACBO) upon hire. .
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to provide psychosocial skills training, implement elements of a treatment plan, and provide case management services in compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Must be able to drive clients in a LifeWorks NW vehicle. Must have a current driver's license (out of state is fine) and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09