Passionate about helping women in recovery? LifeWorks NW's Mountaindale program provides residential substance abuse services for women who are pregnant or have children under 9 years of age.
The Residential Care Facilitator position is responsible for providing care to and ensuring the safety of up to 12 female residents and their children. Duties include milieu management, medication administration, light housekeeping duties, and transporting clients. The position also does basic office work such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying and completing tasks using an electronic health record.
The positions requires each staff to be able to do observable UA's (urinalysis). Because of this requirement for this specific position, this program is only able to hire women.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Mountaindale site, Cornelius.
Pay: $15.91 to $17.10 per hour plus $1.25 per hour (location differential). $1000 Hiring Bonus!
Additional shift differentials= swing shift $1.00 per hour and graveyard shift $1.50 per hour.
This position is 32 hours a week with pro-rated benefits:https://www.lifeworksnw.org/about-us/benefits-summary/
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Provide a safe and secure environment for clients and their children. Make regular, assigned rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Provide skills training in activities of daily living, including meal preparation, housekeeping chores, interpersonal relationships, effective communication, etc.
- Establishes and informs rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among clients, employing techniques such as education, behavior modification and positive reinforcement. Monitors clients in order to detect unusual behavior and reports observations to the clinical team.
- Respond to medical issues and concerns promptly, including the accurate dispensation of medications, basic first aid, giving UA's, and referring clients for medical evaluation and care.
- Complete required documentation accurately, including daily logs and SAL's.
- Light office work and housekeeping duties as needed, usually during the overnight shift. Examples include making photocopies, faxing and scanning documents, creating documents, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, etc. Use site equipment competently, including office machines, alarm systems, generators, etc.
- Provide basic crisis response to clients experiencing physical or emotional crises, including consulting with clinical staff, notifying emergency responders when needed, etc.
- Provide support and assistance during site emergencies (inclement weather, earthquakes, fire, etc), following site policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with LifeWorks NW and contractual guidelines. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Provide back-up for other staff as needed.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the day when working responding to within appropriate timeframes.
- Accurately completes on-line trainings and timesheets.
- Transport clients in LifeWorks NW vehicle and/or accompanies clients using public transportation. At Mountaindale, may be required to put chains on vans during inclement weather.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Meets standards as defined in the Performance Evaluation for client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork.
- Maintains a consistent, therapeutic milieu for clients.
- Organize, supervise and encourage client participation in recovery-oriented social, educational and recreational activities.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for qualifications. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.)
- This position requires each staff to be able to do observable UA's (urinalysis). Because of this requirement for this specific position, only female candidates can be considered.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- The ability to make decisions quickly and remain calm and be flexible.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- Ability to establish and maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries with the clients and their children.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires a valid driver's license and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
- Requires ability to work evenings, weekends and overnight shifts.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries both on and offsite.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09