Please send resumes to email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Vice President for Human Resources & Organizational
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
LifeWorks NW is a
private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance
use treatment, and related social services to over 26,000 youths, adults, and
older adults in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW
promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally-responsive
mental health and addiction services across the lifespan. Core values include
Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results. The four pillars of the
strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health,
Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
are critical to successfully achieving the mission. LifeWorks NW is committed
to advancing our equity and inclusion work with an emphasis on ensuring an
anti-racist organizational culture and practice. We strive to
continuously improve the cultural competence and cultural humility of LifeWorks
NW, its staff, and its services to clients and consumers in all aspects
including race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation,
socio-economic background and status, age, religion, veteran status, citizen
status, and ability. LifeWorks NW creates and upholds a work environment that
is respectful and inclusive for all. LifeWorks NW services are effective across
Purpose: Responsibilities include strategic alignment and
operational management of all Organizational Development and Human Resources
functions at LifeWorks NW demonstrating a high degree of knowledge and skill in
group dynamics, culture change, project leadership, and in all aspects of human
resources. This includes providing leadership of organizational development
initiatives, development, implementation, and maintenance of human resource
policies and procedures, and oversight of employee relations, leaves, HRIS,
recruitment, and development. Ensures the organization remains in compliance
with state and federal regulations as they pertain to Human Resources.
Responsibilities: (Must be able to
be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Build and implement strategies that strengthen and
enhance talent development practices, leadership development, culture, and
employee engagement. Lead the organization's employee engagement and
action planning process to increase performance and retention.
- Influence organizational decision-making with metrics,
analysis, reports, and with an equity lens that aligns with and supports
LifeWorks NW strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate project leadership by implementing
organization-wide projects with minimal disruption to daily operations,
on-time, and within budget.
- Lead organization-wide change management initiatives
while preparing and supporting individuals to embrace the change.
- Demonstrate leadership on diversity, equity, and
inclusion initiatives, continually increase the individual level of
cultural sensitivity, cultural humility, awareness, and competency.
- Utilize implement and cultivate anti-racist practices
to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- Operationalize and utilize the equity assessment tool for
organizational decisions. Apply the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI)
lens to policies, practices, and interactions, creating a sense of
belonging for all staff members.
- Utilize the Principles of Trauma-Informed Care in
conjunction with assessing equity in operations. Ensure effective internal
communication. Provide an appropriate level of structure and support to
the executive team as requested by the CEO. Assist with the alignment of
internal processes to support strategic initiatives, vision, and mission.
- Support and coach executive team members and senior
managers in collaboration with the CEO.
- Support the CEO to increase her ability to focus on
strategic priorities, including high-level coordination of organizational
initiatives and project management oversight of executive team
- Review organizational structure, identify gaps, and
recommend changes to the executive team to fill gaps.
- Consult with leadership to recommend and implement
changes to organizational design, including additions or reductions in
staff, reorganization, and consolidation of functions and/or sites.
- Implement the biennial Employee Engagement Survey.
Recommend and assist in organization-wide action planning based on survey
results. Assist managers in communicating the results of the survey to
employees. Advise and assist managers in developing action plans based on
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement and
- Oversee onboarding and training functions, including
professional and leadership development efforts.
- Recommend and implement employee recognition and
- Ensure recruiting processes and training programs are
in place to execute the organization's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Coordinate and oversee benefits with Finance.
- Advise management regarding employee-related issues.
Train managers on Human Resource policies and procedures. Ensure
compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Work with HR Business Partner to represent the
organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations. Work
closely with HR Business Partner to respond to legal issues in
consultation with President/CEO or legal advice as needed.
- Provide back-up to HR Business Partner on employee
relations issues. Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance
of HR policies and procedures including the compensation and performance
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process including HR
orientation for new employees.
- Oversee the implementation of leaves, accommodation,
workers compensation policies, and procedures.
- Ensure complete and accurate job descriptions for
- Oversee HRIS reports and maintenance of employee
personnel files and tracking of employee data in HRIS; use data to drive
workforce recommendations and decision making.
- Reference information on the computer, schedule, and
run reports. Check e-mail/voicemail throughout the day and respond to
- Ensure supervisees are meeting productivity, quality,
and customer service standards; document, address, and resolve issues.
- Assist direct reports regarding work issues including
establishing clear expectations for performance and training.
- Provide support and attention to employee development
and proactively address performance issues.
- Provide regular supervision to staff (minimally once a
month). Complete performance reviews on time and accurately. Review and
approve timesheets of direct reports.
- Oversee and ensure HR budget targets are met and manage
- Participate in individual and team meetings with the
supervisor. Attend additional staff and team meetings; consult with other
staff and attend required training.
Qualifications: (Equivalent education and/or experience
may be substituted for qualifications. Requirements are representative of
minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this
job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to
perform each task proficiently.)
- BA/BS in Business, Human Services, Health Services,
Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or a related field. Graduate
degree preferred. Senior HR Certification is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior human
resources management position including responsibility for organizational
development with an organization of 500 employees.
Executive-level experience preferred.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or health care
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, verbal and
- Has lived experience related to social justice,
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provides culturally-inclusive communication and service
to a diverse staff.
- Understands how to analyze HRIS data to recommend and
- Possesses computer skills and knowledge of Outlook,
Word, and Excel.
- Performs essential functions of a job without creating
a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
Salary: Not to exceed the mid-point of $128,308.
Please send resumes to email@example.com