The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for driving the collection, analysis,
and reporting of clinical and business data across our integrated care
environment. By performing data
analytics, data visualization, and data modeling, this strategic role will
identify emerging trends and patterns within industry, clients, and business
operations to define the transformation of clinical care models and business
models for improved client care, integrated health care system, and business
operations for meaningful change.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW
employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an
approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon
position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Sylvan site. Pay/Benefits:
$87,231 starting annual salary plus Full benefits
- Build models and analyzing data to unearth trends and patterns to
address clinical care and business opportunities to drive improving client care models and business
- Interpret and analyze data to discover discrepancies or to
identify trends and patterns in complex data sets.
- Work closely with
management, partner organizations, and internal teams to understand and
maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical measures
and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers.
- Define and implement data collection
and transformation logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and
tools to ensure data integrity while optimizing scalability and
performance of the solution.
- Develop and maintain
databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources and build
scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible and
scalable across data sets.
- Present and explain information and data, communicating data
interpretation and analysis, suggesting
operational improvements. Communicating information in digestible
and accessible way both orally and written including creating and
maintaining rich interactive visualizations which integrate various
reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Uses appropriate software programs and tools, including
statistical packages and programming languages to query, process, analyze,
and present data and findings including required documentation.
- Strong business acumen with experience or expertise in health
care operations and systems
- Ability to handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner
consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of
- Exhibits an excellent
attention to detail and multi-tasking ability with the capability of
- Acts professionally with a
passion for assisting others and problem-solving.
- Meets performance
standards set by assigned project work/objectives and organizational
policies and norms.
- Continually increases level of
cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Participates in regular
individual and team meetings with manager; attends trainings, all staff, team,
and other meetings as required.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or similar for min of 2
year; preferably 3-5years.
- Preferred experience in clinical/healthcare reporting and analytics
- Strong SQL proficiency
with the ability to
learn other analytic tools.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data
mining and segmentation
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency with
or ETL frameworks)
- Practical experience in statistical analysis
through the use of statistical packages (Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong analytical skills including
collection, mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization to disseminate
significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and
data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop)
- Ability to work effectively on a
team, and to work independently with minimal supervision.
Self-motivated. Proven success in a collaborative,
critical thinking and analytical capability; Ability to learn new
- Demonstrates punctuality,
accountability, and patience.
- Ability to perform under pressure, be
flexible, and effectively manage workload.
- Strong business acumen
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving aptitude
- Demonstrates effective communication
and presentation skills (both written and oral) and maintains a cooperative working
relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Organizational agility
with the ability to facilitating
complex projects and project specific discussions with multiple
stakeholders with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Ability to perform essential
functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or
- BSc/BA in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information
Management or Statistics
- MBA preferred.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09