We have a passionate and dedicated team that needs leaders. Our team supports one of the most stigmatized populations (individuals with psychosis) in our outpatient, community based setting. As a clinical supervisor, you facilitate the growth of clients and clinicians alike.
The Clinical Supervisor oversees clinical oversight and clinical and administrative supervisory aspects of program(s). Provides clinical services as needed.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW
employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an
approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon
position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Milwaukie International Way site. Pay/Benefits:
$59,121 to $64,678 annual salary plus, Full benefits
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Provides regular supervision to each clinician in the program. Maintains accurate documentation of individual and group supervisory meetings held at least two times per month.
- Provides assistance to direct reports with work issues including establishing clear expectations regarding performance and training.
- Provides support and attention to employee successes and addresses performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and performance concerns for program area.
- Coordinates hiring process including orientation and training for program.
- Monitors employee productivity, documentation and insurance authorizations.
- Performs day-to-day quality management tasks (e.g. chart audits, utilization management).
- May provide crisis consultation and intervention for program area as needed.
- Participates in program development.
- May provide training to community partners, agency staff and others.
- Provides direct service including facilitation of group and individual sessions, client evaluations and case management.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality.
- Completes required program reports including those needed for supervisory responsibilities timely and accurately.
- Meets standards for documentation and work accuracy as defined in the Performance Evaluation for self and supervisees including timely completion of progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and authorization requests.
- Meets standards as defined in the Performance Evaluation for direct service including accountability for supervisees, implements and ensures adherence of the clinical model and/or evidence based practices and quality of clinical practice for self and supervisees.
- Meets expectations for being an effective supervisor and team member.
- May network with community providers and partners.
- May be required to travel between sites or in the community and/or transport clients.
- Attends informational, clinical and management meetings which may include all-agency, team and consultation meetings, staffing, intra-agency trainings, etc. May represent LifeWorks NW at community meetings.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily when working.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for qualifications. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.)
- This position requires a valid and active QMHP credential certification through MHACBO or a valid and active status (licensed or registered intern) with an approved Oregon licensing board.
- Clinical Supervisors in mental health programs must meet QMHP requirements and have completed two years of post-graduate clinical experience in a mental health treatment setting.
- Clinical Supervisors in addictions programs must have a CADC 2. If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past three years. Clinical Supervisors in addictions must also have one of the following: Five years of paid full-time experience in the field of substance use disorders counseling; or a BA and four years of paid full-time experience in the social services field with a minimum of two years of direct substance use disorders counseling experience; or a MA and three years of paid full-time experience in the social services field with a minimum of two years of direct substance use disorders counseling experience.
- Position may require a LPC or LCSW.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination , utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of LWNW policies.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- May require access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and verification of safe driving record from DMV, ability to meet LWNW driving requirements.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
This position will require working in an office setting with a defined schedule during the work week as well as community-based work requiring driving throughout the county to meet in various indoor and outdoor settings. The position may require on-call duties in the evenings and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09