The Mental Health Associate position provides mental health services and behavioral interventions for medically compromised adults enrolled in Enhanced Care Outreach Services (ECOS) and Older Adult Outpatient mental health services.
This position is based on of LifeWorks NW's Beaverton location (Portland metro area). This position will provide a combination of telehealth and community-based/in-person services.
Days/Hours: This is a on-call position, working various day/hours.
Pay/Benefits: $19.00 to $20.66 per hour.
- This position will provide case management and skills training to clients receiving services from the ECOS program, Older Adult (OA) Outpatient mental health services and support as needed to the other OA program clients.
- This position will be site and community based, working closely with the program Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
- Coordinates services with other LifeWorks NW staff and with external organizations such as government agencies, social services providers, and healthcare providers.
- Provides crisis intervention to clients experiencing difficulties.
- Documents and maintains client records in electronic healthcare system within 24 hours of client care to ensure compliance with LifeWorks' and contractual guidelines.
- Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Counsels clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to maximize the quality of their lives.
- Collects information about clients through interviews and observation.
- Acts as client advocates.
- Collaborates with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop and implement treatment plans.
- Evaluates clients' physical and mental condition based on review of client information.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Ability to accompany clients to appointments when needed.
- Meets performance standards for direct client care, documentation, quality (including engagement and evidence-based practices) teamwork as defined in the Performance Review.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences field or at least three years' relevant work, education, training, or experience.
- This position requires a valid and active QMHA credential certification through MHACBO upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an ISSP. (Individual Services and Supports Plan.)
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to over 30,000 youths, adults, and older adults in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan. Core values include Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. LifeWorks NW is committed to advancing our equity and inclusion work with an emphasis on ensuring an anti-racist organizational culture and practice. We strive to continuously improve the cultural competence and cultural humility of LifeWorks NW, its staff, and its services to clients and consumers in all aspects including race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic background and status, age, religion, veteran status, citizen status, and ability. LifeWorks NW creates and upholds a work environment that is respectful and inclusive for all. LifeWorks NW services are effective across cultural groups.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09