This program serves adult male clients in a residential setting who are experiencing severe and persistent mental illness and behavioral problems. This position provides coverage for two five-bed residential treatment homes for clients transitioning back into the community.
The Residential Administrator (QMHA) is responsible for managing the daily operational aspects of the residential treatment home including overseeing residents' care, providing screenings, overseeing admissions and discharges, staff scheduling, and management of home activities. Assures residents' needs are met and that administrative practices are in line with Oregon Administrative Rules.
Location: NE Portland.
Pay/Benefits: $29.48 starting hourly pay plus Full benefits.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW
employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an
approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon
- Ensures that Treatment Home(s) operates in accordance with the administrative standards outlined in Oregon Administrative Rules, best practices for clients and agency policies.
- Oversees the daily operation of Treatment Home(s) and provides administrative supervision.
- Delegates authority and responsibility for the operation of the facility to a responsible staff person whenever the Administrator is absent from the Treatment Home(s).
- Trains new staff and provides retraining as required.
- Reviews screening referrals, conducts screening interviews, and maintains wait list for admission.
- Admits new clients, ensuring appropriate welcome and orientation to the program.
- Oversees property and program equipment, contacting appropriate agency contacts as needed for maintenance and improvement.
- Oversees staff scheduling and assures appropriate staff coverage is in place.
- Oversees all operational procedures, such as shopping, maintaining a clean facility, scheduling appointments, and assuring residents attend outside appointments.
- Assures medication program is in compliance with applicable OARS and physician orders. Provide medication administration and auditing of medication-related documents.
- Monitors contract compliance for programs areas of client care. Implements contract statement of work.
- Implements clinical programs as defined by Program Director and Clinical Supervisor.
- Maintains program, personnel and resident client records.
- Reports regularly to Program Director on the operation of the Treatment Home(s).
- Monitors quality management compliance and performs day to day quality management tasks such as but not limited to client chart audits.
- Coordinates partner organization relationships within specific program to enhance client care.
- Provides direct service to clients when needed. Provides crisis consultation for program area, including a rotating on-call component for after hours and weekend support.
- Provides training to community partners, agency staff and others regarding program and services provided for clients.
- Attends informational, clinical and management meetings which may include all-agency, team and consultation meetings, staffings, intra-agency trainings, etc. May represent LifeWorks NW at community meetings.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency, especially regarding the implementation of peer client services.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily when working.
- Transports clients in LifeWorks vehicle.
- Meets standards for implementation and utilization of the clinical model for the program.
- Meets standards for budgetary targets managing costs effectively.
- Meets expectations for being an effective supervisor and team member.
- Provides assistance to direct reports with work issues including establishing clear expectations regarding performance and training.
- Provides support and attention to employee successes and addresses performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Provides regular supervision to staff (shared with Program Director);
- Provide emergency first aid/CPR and summon medical assistance when necessary. May administer first aid/CPR only if certified, according to prescribed procedures.
- This position requires a valid and active QMHA credential certification through MHACBO.
- Knowledge of peer-delivered services preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working with population of home.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Requires valid driver's license and verification of safe driving record from DMV.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Requires ability to be available for crisis calls 24/7 for one week at a time. While serving as the on-call administrator, must have ability to respond immediately to crisis calls by phone and/or in person as needed.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit
organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and
related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen
locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks
NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive
mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships,
Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the
strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health,
Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life
works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09