The Supported Employment Specialist assesses severe and persistent mentally ill client case load for employment capabilities, provides training assistance, offers continuing support, and assists clients target potential jobs, explore job possibilities in the community, and make job placements. Services are offered in a community based or home-based settings. Educates employers and community providers about LifeWorks NW's Employment Services and how they operate as a successful community placement model for employing people with long term mental illnesses and encourages them to recognize clients' abilities to be productive and successful.
This position's home site is LifeWorks NW's multi-service site located in Beaverton, OR.
Hours/Days: This is a full-time position working daytime hours. Occasional nights and weekends may be needed, based on client employment needs.
Pay/Benefits: $45,629 to $49,622 per year. Full benefits.
- Interviews individuals and, if applicable, family members or team members in the client support system to complete the strengths based vocational assessment to identify clients' skills and strengths, interests, goals, dreams, aspirations and resources available to reach their goals.
- Counsels individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their vocational situations.
- Develops an employment focused service plans based on clients' interests, abilities, strengths and needs. Service plans will have measurable goals and objectives based on the diagnosis and will specify type, frequency, intensity, and duration of service. Service plans will be client driven and follow-ups will be completed on time, assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Researches possible job openings and opportunities for clients by contacting employment services, newspaper want ads, previous contacts, cold calling, and any other means of reaching potential employers.
- Performs job analysis, matching potential openings with clients' needs, skills, and logistics of getting to the job site.
- Establishes and maintains connections with business offering employment opportunities.
- Sets up interviews for clients, assist clients with application, resume preparation and interviewing skills.
- Locates barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, and transportation problems and works with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
- Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy. Provide job coaching as determined by clients' needs and employer's wishes.
- Performs interventions as needed with assigned clients previously placed who may be at risk of losing their jobs. Work closely with employer and client to resolve issues as soon as possible.
- Coordinates and consults with other team members to keep team informed of issues and progress.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding vocational rehabilitation issues
- Refers client or family to community resources including state vocational rehabilitation services and benefits counselor.
- Provides crisis intervention to Clients when difficult situations occur.
- Monitors and tracks employment status. Provides accurate and timely written reports to the Vocational Rehabilitation Division. Ensures timely record maintenance of authorizations for purchase, billings, and completed releases of information. Maintains client records in compliance with agency and confidentiality guidelines. Completes documentation in an electronic health records system.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets standards for documentation and work accuracy including timely completion of progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, and authorization requests.
- Meets standards for direct service, implementation and utilization of the clinical model, quality of clinical practice and teamwork.
- Checks e-mail/voice mail daily/throughout the day when working responding to contacts within 48 hours for routine matter (urgent matters may require a more immediate response)
- Required to transport clients in a personal vehicle vehicle.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work or other mental health related field and/or a minimum of three full years working with a similar population required.
- Must be credentialed through Mental Health & Addiction Certification Board of Oregon (MHACBO). All prospective candidates must have a valid MHACBO registration number upon hire.
- Must have a minimum of an additional year of experience in the behavioral health field working with people with disabilities.
- Requires access to a car, a valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to provide employment services and compliance with confidentially in accordance with federal, state and/or funding source requirements.
- Knowledge of community resources enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09