The On Call, Intake Coordinator assists consumers in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services. To determine consumer's insurance eligibility and schedule them with the appropriate provider(s) in a timely manner. Works closely with other department to ensure the maximum 3rd party reimbursement. Triage calls from multiple sources such as from hospitals, major referral sources, clients and services requests from internal staff.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Hillsboro Walnut site.
Pay/Benefits: $22.26 starting hourly pay.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and processes for providing internal and external consumer service including telephone, verbal, body language, effective listening and communicating.
- Verify insurance information by phone or on the state computer system.
- Schedule consumers for intakes and take intake information.
- Check all Oregon Health Plan eligibility and health plan enrollments at month end.
- Work with other departments to make authorizations for service during insurance verification.
- Coordinate staff schedules.
- Able to manage multiple software applications simultaneously.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules, runs basic reports as needed. Must be able to type 45 or higher wpm and transcribe audio to word processing.
- Check and respond to e-mail/voice mail continually when working.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Keep records and prepare access reports concerning visits with clients.
- Interview individuals and family members to compile information on social, educational, criminal, institutional, or drug history.
- Provide information and refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance providing information on agency services, requirements and procedures.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience working with medical insurance and billing. Understanding of Managed Care.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling and billing. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment. May require fluency in another language and experience in a specific culture.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09