The Registered Nurse, On Call position will serve as a liaison between LifeWorks NW and internal and external Primary Care Providers by providing ongoing nursing assessments and coordination of care with other professionals for clients of LifeWorks NW. The RN may also function as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). The RN assures that health metrics are gathered and reviewed for clients of LifeWorks NW. They will work with the various teams to assure that client's health needs are addressed so as to reduce emergency room usage, hospitalizations, and improve overall client health and well-being.
Hours: This is an on call position. Hours/days vary.
Pay: $36.36 to $40.00 per hour/ $2000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Completes health screenings (i.e. tobacco use, BMI, blood pressure, diabetes, etc) for LifeWorks NW clients.
- Reviews lab work such as diabetes screenings, blood levels related to psychiatric medications and follow-up as needed.
- Helps to develop multi-disciplinary wellness plans that draws on internal and external resources.
- Assures that health metrics are gathered and documented on all clients.
- Provides back up and assistance to RN providing injections.
- Identifies primary care physicians or assists clients in establishing a primary care provider.
- Develops specific methods of communication to ensure medical information is shared across medical providers including prescriptions, diagnosis, and lab work.
- Follows up with physicians to ensure communication is achieved within specified timeframes.
- Communicates and explains the procedures to prepare clients for examinations and treatments.
- Provides regular metabolic screenings, blood pressure screenings, and body mass index screenings for clients.
- Helps monitor general health symptoms, side effects, and differentiates physical illness from exacerbation of psychiatric symptoms.
- Assures that required labs are completed on an ongoing basis for clients.
- Provides illness education to individuals and families.
- Provides referrals to appropriate self-management support groups.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other agencies.
- Provides back up and support to co-workers in providing assistance during medical or mental health emergencies.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work, client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Enters all required data into agency specific electronic health records system and program specific tracking systems, provides regular reports as requested, and continually maintains all data on clients enrolled in the program.
- Is available to clients during regular business hours.
- Transports clients in a personal vehicle between sites or in the community.
- Registered Nurse license required.
- Two or more years of experience working with clients with severe and persistent mental illness strongly preferred.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Access. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09