This LifeWorks NW Program Director position primarily oversees Mental Health Therapists for an Adult Outpatient program.
This position is responsible for managing the daily clinical aspects of an integrated team of clinical staff including service quality, staff deployment and integration within the site.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Pay/Benefits: $1,000 hiring bonus for this position. $66,874 - $73,561 per year and full comprehensive benefits.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Oversees a multi-disciplinary team for 6 plus (it's currently 12) staff including Peers, QMHAs, QMHPs and medical staff.
- With oversite from the site Senior Program Director and Clinic Operations Manager, supports staff with quality management compliance and performs day to day quality management tasks (e.g. chart audits, utilization management)
- Provide training and clinical expertise in area of specialization to site staff and others.
- Provides assistance to direct reports with work issues including establishing clear expectations regarding performance and training.
- With support and guidance from the site Clinical and Practice Manager provides support and attention to employee successes and addresses performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Participates with Clinical and Practice Manager in hiring process including orientation and training.
- Meets with staff individually and as a group for regular supervision (meeting with staff a minimum of 2 times per month). Maintains accurate documentation of supervisory meetings. Provides licensure supervision as credentials allow.
- May provide direct service. May provide direct crisis assessment and consultative crisis support for clinic and programs.
- Meets standards for documentation and work accuracy as defined in the Performance Evaluation for self and supervisees including timely completion of progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and authorization requests.
- Meets standards as defined in the Performance Evaluation for direct service including accountability for supervisees, implements and ensures adherence of the clinical model and/or evidence-based practices and quality of clinical practice for self and supervisees.
- Meets expectations for being an effective supervisor and team member.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily when working.
- Attends informational, clinical and management meetings which may include all-agency, team and consultation meetings, staffings, intra-agency trainings, etc. May represent LifeWorks NW at community meetings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Must be currently licensed as a LCSW, LPC or Licensed Psychologist.
- Must meet requirements to Supervise CGACs (Certified Gambling Addiction Counselors) or complete trainings with 6 months of hire.
- Program Directors, CCHBC working in mental health must meet QMHP requirements and have completed two years of post-graduate clinical experience in a mental health treatment setting.
- Must demonstrate competence in leadership, program planning and budgeting, fiscal management, supervision of program staff, personnel management, program staff performance assessment, use of data, reporting, program evaluation, quality assurance, and developing and coordinating community resources.
- Demonstrated experience (3 plus years) as a clinician including two years of progressively responsible clinical and administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outreach, engagement, and/or treatment strategies for the program population.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of LWNW policies.
- Strong computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW has over 60 years of experience providing holistic mental health and addiction services for all ages throughout the Portland metro area. We are a private, non-profit organization serving over 30,000 youth, adults, and older adults annually. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Free Site since 01/09